Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"What's Wrong With What We Eat?"

Mr. Bittmans' wonderful use of sarcastic humor, biting comments and on screen presentation made watching this video worth doing the assignment for.  His quick pace, ability to stay focused, and present such facts, fables, and tid-bits about the food we eat was an excellent way of educating the public, without dumbing down the message.  His use of facts, such as "cattle flatulence," or the amount of livestock killed in the United States annually was mind boggling, and yet presented in a way that had me laughing along with the audience.  I was surprised to learn that livestock produces 20% of our greenhouse gasses, that methane is 20x more deadly than cO2, and that if stretched end-to-end, the livestock killed annually in the United States alone would reach between the Earth and The Moon five times.
In all this was a great video, and although I cannot use it for my research paper, I found it full of useful information regarding the issues of food consumption and the food industry, as a whole....now time for dinner...gotta go and raid the neighbors garden for my salad......peace

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha that's funny, but getting back to Bittman's video. I was astounded to find out that some organic food was being carelessly produced, like salmon. It's not like if I eat much fish any way, but I wounder if the people that allow this kind of unhealthy food production feed their families with the same foods they allow to be processed.

    ReplyDelete

"How did we lose our way???..."

     Greetings my friends...today is a day of memorials and pausing for moments of silence. We all know what today is, we've been bombar...