Tuesday, November 2, 2010

THE TRUTH, THE TRUTH???...YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

Greetings y'all....well, thanks to Black Widow, y'all think I'm an ex-con, or a con on parole....or just a con...lol.  Others could have sworn they saw me in a music video.....(maybe I was a stand in for Ricky Martin, or Tim McGraw)....but no, that wasn't me...and someone guessed I only have 1 brother/sister....I wish...no, just kidding...the truth is that I know how to play several instruments.  I play all 4 saxophones, Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Baritone....French Horn, Flute, and Oboe....my favorite, the Tenor Sax.....thank you for playing along, but sorry, we don't have a winner...better luck next time.
Now....as for how this semester is going....let's just say that I picked the wrong classes if I was looking for a smooth semester.  First off, I love my classes, Chicano Studies, Cultural Anthropology, Philosophy, and my FAVORITE....English Composition 101.  My issue, each one of them require a lot of writing....every week it's another essay, research paper, questions from a book we have to read, as well as trying to keep up with note taking and homework organization.  That being said, I'm still blessed to be where I am...it sure beats where I was heading. 
Sometimes I feel stretched, pulled, pushed, formed, molded, tweaked, fine-tuned, and overall, overhauled during the past 5 semesters, but this one has really pushed me to reach, try, learn, earn, and grow in ways I didn't think was possible.  But the most rewarding of this adventure has been meeting y'all.  I have met some great people, and have had a lot to be thankful for in the friendships that have been formed, so I guess all in all, taking the difficult with the easy, I wouldn't trade my OC experience for an easy A, ....ok, so I might think about it....lol

6 comments:

  1. It's great to know that you have enjoyed this semester, and the people you have met. Even though it has been hard, life will aways have new experiences for you no matter what. Never give up, and best of luck in achieving all your goals in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think part of the college experience is getting to know other people. I always try to create a sense of community in my classes. So glad you found some good friends.

    (An easy A? What's that?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The knowledge you have will benefit you more in the end. It is great meeting new people especially at school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you're talking about, but the semester is almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog entry it is very inspiring and has a sense of humor. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're taking cultural anthro? Me too! that class is killing me though, definately not fun. But it's good that you're making it through

    ReplyDelete

"How did we lose our way???..."

     Greetings my friends...today is a day of memorials and pausing for moments of silence. We all know what today is, we've been bombar...